Date last updated: 21 October 2020

EU nationals and their family members living in the UK are advised to apply for settled status to confirm their right to live, work, receive benefits and other services in the UK in the event of Brexit. Further details can be found here on the website.

Single parents needing advice on their benefits entitlements as EEA nationals can contact the Gingerbread single parent helpline for advice.

For help with the EU settlement scheme process we recommend contacting the AIRE Centre (Advice on Individual Rights in Europe). They provide practical support to EU Citizens and their family members to help make EU Settlement Scheme applications.

You can get advice from the AIRE Centre by:

The AIRE Centre also provides the following services:

  • Application workshops where vulnerable or at-risk EU Citizens and their family members can attend and receive assistance to make an application.
  • A series of information leaflets on the EU Settlement Scheme, including information about what happens in the event of a no deal Brexit.
  • Web apps to support EU citizens  who would like information about their eligibility and to support EU citizens to understand their current entitlement to permanent residence.

New Report