Your views are important to us. We welcome and value any comments and suggestions that might help improve the service we give to single parents and their families. A simple idea could make all the difference, so please get in touch.
How to get in touch
You can either write to us at Gingerbread, Unit B, Mary Brancker House, 54-74 Holmes Road, London NW5 3AQ or fill out our complaints form below.
Our Code of Conduct outlines the ways in which Gingerbread representatives (both staff and volunteers) are accountable for embedding our core values into our work.
Our approach to complaints
- We deal with complaints consistently across Gingerbread, and in an appropriate and fair manner
- We learn from complaints and review whether learning has resulted in a change of practice
- We will listen to your complaint, treat it seriously and record it
- We aim to acknowledge your complaint within five working days
- If we need to investigate, we will. We will confirm we have received your complaint, investigate it, and seek to resolve it within 20 working days
If you are not satisfied with our response, please let us know as soon as possible. Your complaint will then be referred to the Chief Executive who will carry out a review and let you know the outcome.
If your complaint is about Gingerbread’s fundraising and you’re not satisfied with Gingerbread’s response, you can escalate your complaint to the Fundraising Regulator.
Your personal information
If you use our complaints procedure, you are agreeing that we can use any personal information you send us for purposes connected with your complaint. Some complaints need to be kept confidential in order to safeguard those making or involved in the complaint. However, in some instances, we might judge that the complainant will be better served if others are involved in the resolution of a complaint. Third parties will only be included in the resolution of confidential complaints on a case-by-case basis and with the agreement of the complainant.