Gingerbread is registered with the Fundraising Regulator. The Fundraising Regulator set and maintain the standards for charitable fundraising in the UK, aiming to ensure that fundraising is legal, open, honest and respectful to the public. As Gingerbread is compliant with this scheme, we follow their codes of Fundraising Practice and comply with the key principles embodied in the codes and in this Promise.
Our fundraising meets all legal requirements:
- We do all we can to ensure that fundraisers, volunteers and fundraising contractors working with us to raise funds comply with the the Fundraising Code of Practice
- Our fundraising complies with the law, including those that apply to health and safety, the environment and data protection
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so.
Our fundraising is open:
- We are clear about who we are, what we do and how your gift is used
- We give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and amend a regular commitment.
- We answer all reasonable questions about our fundraising activities and costs. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Our fundraising is honest:
- We tell the truth and do not exaggerate
- We do what we say we are going to do
- Where we have a promotional agreement with a commercial company, we make clear how much of the purchase price we receive.
Our fundraising is respectful:
- We respect the rights, dignities and privacy of our supporters and beneficiaries
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift and if you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision
- We take care not to use any images or words that cause unjustifiable distress or offence
- We take care not to cause unreasonable nuisance or disruption.
We are accountable, so if you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint. If we cannot resolve your complaint, you can contact the Fundraising Regulator, and we accept their authority to make a final adjudication.