Set up a group
Starting a Gingerbread group for single parents in your local area is a simple and worthwhile volunteering opportunity. We help you through the process, and support you to run your group. You will provide much-needed support and friendship to families like yours, including by organising and promoting meet ups.
Our volunteer group coordinators benefit from:
- New experiences
- Building new skills and confidence
- Meeting new people
- Free DBS check
- Free, flexible online NSPCC safeguarding training
How can I start a Gingerbread group?
All you need to do is get in touch, and we will take you through the steps to setting up a group in your local area. Submit the form below to express your interest.
Make sure you’re also a Gingerbread member by signing up here – we ask all our group coordinators to be members so that you can be part of our national work and benefit from our services and support.
After we’ve received this, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. This will include:
- Send an application form for you to complete
- Request your references
- Send you information on doing a free DBS check
- Send you a link to free safeguarding training
Once your references are received and your DBS check is submitted, we’ll:
- Open your group
- Promote it
- Send you a welcome pack with posters, flyers and resources
- Add you to our Facebook Workplace forum for coordinators so that you can get support and advice from us and other coordinators