Support from companies, trusts and foundations and unions is crucial to help us deliver our vital services. It also means we can keep working with single parents to get their voices heard. As a funder, we will work closely with you to understand your priorities. We will provide regular reports to show you the difference your funding is making to the families we support.
Partnering with Gingerbread can help motivate your employees, inspire your customers and meet your business objectives. Opportunities include partnering on our training programmes, becoming Gingerbread’s Charity of the Year, engaging staff in team fundraising activities, or providing sponsorship.
Why not follow the lead of these companies, who are already helping us to support single parent families?
- SmartOdds livened up the festive period by running a Christmas jumper day, raising over £500
- As our Charity of the Year partner, Canada Life matched all staff payroll giving donations to Gingerbread, raising £5,300
- PWC held collections at their annual staff panto and Business Awards to raise over £6,000 for Gingerbread.
We’d love to speak to you about the ways your company could partner with Gingerbread. Please call 020 7428 5431 or email email@example.com.
We campaign on issues familiar to trade union members, for example: flexible working, childcare, and the impact of spending cuts. Government, senior civil servants and the media recognise us for our high quality research and levels of expertise. We have helped secure policy changes in the areas of child maintenance, welfare reform and childcare.
By joining forces with your union, we can strengthen our mutual campaigns by sharing expertise, cross promoting our work and raising public profile of our campaign demands.
Most recently, we have partnered with Unison on a campaign to help single parents overcome the childcare barriers that prevent them from (re)entering work.
If you are a union representative or staff member, we would love to talk to you about our current campaigns and potential opportunities for us to work together. Please call 020 7428 5431 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trusts and foundations
Gingerbread is the only UK charity solely focused on supporting the one in four UK families headed by a single parent. Our work has a real impact – we help single parents (re)enter the workplace, engage with their community, overcome financial and other challenges, and get their voices heard. We need the support of trusts and foundations to help us continue our unique and vital work.
Our existing partnerships help the trusts and foundations who support us to further their own charitable objectives around strengthening and empowering families, reducing financial hardship, improving community engagement and getting people’s voices heard:
- John Ellerman Foundation provides us with unrestricted funding to help us maintain and adapt our services to meet single parents’ changing needs
- The Dulverton Trust funds our peer support service, which helps connect single parents for mutual support
- Trust for London is funding us to conduct research into employment and devise solutions to make it easier for single parents to find high quality apprenticeships and flexible work.
If you represent a trust that shares our objectives, we would love to speak with you about potential areas for support. Please call Shaun Glanville on 020 7428 5441 or email email@example.com.