Building Better Opportunities: Working Forward Essex
Are you interested in finding a job? Want support to get work experience or training?
Working Forward Essex is a flexible, personalised programme offering one-to-one support for single parents of any age who are not in employment or education. Through the programme, we aim to reduce the number of parents across Essex, Southend and Thurrock who are not in employment or accessing education opportunities. We know for some single parents, it can be difficult to get into work for a variety of reasons, such as childcare responsibilities, and we provide you with mentoring and one-to-one support to help you develop your confidence and ability to find work that suits you.
We want to work with 245 single parents over the lifetime of the project and are working with a number of local partners in and around Essex, Southend and Thurrock. Collectively we will offer training opportunities and work experience, supported with free childcare and travel costs. This project is jointly funded by ESF and the Big Lottery Fund.
Benefits of the Working Forward course
As part of the course you will be able to:
- Plan your future
- Receive support from a mentor who will be with you every step of the way and help you gain confidence
- Develop new skills that are valued by employers and increase your opportunity of finding employment
- Overcome barriers to taking the next steps into training or employment
- Undertake exciting face-to-face and online training programmes
- Access free training provided by our partners or participate in other training run in your area
- Receive support with the costs of childcare and transport to enable you to access training opportunities
Who can take part?
Single parents living in Essex, Southend and Thurrock who are not in education or employment.
Where can I attend a Working Forward course?
Essex, Southend and Thurrock.
When is the course running?
March 2017 until Dec 2019.
Join the Working Forward training course
Contact us via our form. A member of our team will be in touch with you to talk you through the next steps. You can also call us on +44 (0) 800 652 3166 to register your interest or to discuss what might be suitable for you.