The financial support you receive when studying can change the benefits and tax credits you are entitled to. The money you can receive to help you study will also vary depending on if you are applying for further or higher education.

Further education is post-GCSE level study - so if you are looking to take A-levels, a diploma, a BTEC, or a short course. Higher education is post A-level study - so if you want to study at university for a bachelor's degree, master's, or PhD.

Follow the links below to find out more about how you are affected.

Cartoon of a stack of books