Make It Work
Have you ever thought about being your own boss and starting your own business? Not sure if you would prefer to work for yourself or for someone else?
Make it Work is a course which we run in partnership with Banana Enterprise Network to help single parents decide if they’d like to be self-employed or work for someone else, and give them the skills to do both. The course offers free personal development, work skills, training, self-employment training and guaranteed work placements with Marks and Spencer and Royal Mail.
Benefits of the Make It Work course
- Work experience
- Employer reference for when you are applying for jobs
- Learning how to write a good CV
- Understanding the benefits and drawbacks of being self-employed
- Finding out what work is most suitable for you and your family
What we provide
- All expenses covered – childcare, lunch and travel
- Placements and training only take place during school hours
You will be able to update your CV and impress employers with a recognised high street name such as Marks & Spencer or Royal Mail.
Who can take part?
Single parents in Manchester or Salford who are currently not in employment.
Where can I attend a Make It Work course?
Manchester and Salford.
When is the course running?
The programme is running until September 2019.
Join the Make It Work training course
Contact us via our form. A member of our team will then be in touch with you to talk you through the next steps. You can also call us on +44 (0) 161 636 7540 to register your interest or to discuss what might be suitable for you.