Evaluation and Impact Manager
Kentish Town, London (currently working remotely)
£31,250 per year pro rata
Hours of work
21 hours per week
19 Mar 2021
Overview of Job
The post-holder will ensure that Gingerbread continues to be recognised for its commitment to evaluation and learning. You will work across the organisation, and closely support the Senior Management Team, to develop a programme of evaluation and learning activities to understand the impact of Gingerbread’s offer to single parent families. This includes working collaboratively with services, fundraising, communications, policy and campaigns teams, resources and the management team to improve existing evaluation activities and develop new programmes of work.
You will develop new evaluation tools to collect and report on our impact, in line with our strategy, and ensure systems are in place to enable robust data capture. You will contribute to initiatives which improve data management processes and infrastructure across Gingerbread.
You will create reports, briefing, and presentations to communicate our impact to a range of internal and external stakeholders. You will support managers and other relevant staff to fulfil reporting requirements, and deliver impact and evaluation reports, relating to Gingerbread activity.
You will support organisational learning activities including commissioning external evaluations, internal dissemination, and organisational learning activities.
You will support the Senior Management Team with upcoming organisational strategy development, ensuring that mechanisms for capturing learning and measuring impact is always given adequate consideration.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To support the Senior Management Team to ensure impact measurement is at the heart of our approach and that our organisational strategy is informed and evidence-based
- To oversee the external evaluations of existing funded projects and design internal and external evaluations for future funded projects
- To support the development and delivery of internal evaluation activities by developing quantitative and qualitative research tools including surveys, focus groups, interviews and management information forms
- To secure and manage external evaluation partners including transparent commissioning processes, project and budget management
- To contribute to organisation wide data management systems and processes in order to develop our capacity to capture, report, and analyse evaluation data
- To support colleagues, as appropriate, to fulfil routine monitoring and evaluation reporting requirements and conduct qualitative and quantitative research with single parents, partners, and stakeholders to help measure the impact of our services
- To support evidence-based service design by working with service leads to develop theories of change for new areas of work mapping back to our organisation’s change framework and strategy
- To prepare and disseminate reports, briefings and presentations on our evaluation projects and impact for internal and external audiences, including evaluation reports and the impact section of the annual report
- To provide information to teams across the organisation on learnings and data from evaluation work and work collaboratively across teams to encourage and promote learning from our evaluation and learning activities
- To work in accordance with confidentiality and data protection policies
- To maintain appropriate relationships with clients and other agencies to promote the interests of Gingerbread
- Experience and a strong understanding of processes, approaches, tools and methodologies that facilitate formal and informal monitoring, evaluation and organisational learning practice
- Exceptional analysis and sense-making skills, underpinned with sound judgement under pressure, and the ability to identify solutions to address delivery risks and issues
- Excellent facilitation skills, ability to promote critical thinking and reflective practice, and encourage learning
- Experience of developing theories of change and evaluation frameworks, and successfully supporting organisations to plan and implement quality improvements through monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Experience of collecting and analysing qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience of working with and commissioning external evaluation partners
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with others, including external stakeholders and senior colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proven experience of report writing for a range of audiences
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent ability to prioritise and plan workload
- Experience of working in the charity sector
- Experience of using SPSS
- Experience of using CRM systems such as Salesforce