Communications & Digital Manager
Kentish Town, London (Currently working remotely)
Hours of work
25 Jan 2021
The Communications and Digital Manager will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of Gingerbread’s public facing communication materials, both online and offline, helping to increase our reach and our reputation and bringing our vital work to life.
- Responsibility for the ongoing development of Gingerbread’s digital assets, especially Gingerbread’s website and overseeing our social media activity
- Supporting the Head of Communications & Digital, to deliver Gingerbread’s communications strategy
- Supporting the Head of Communications and Digital to embed good digital practice across the organisation
- Planning and ensuring execution of communications across Gingerbread’s various channels, taking a user-centred approach
- Managing the development and delivery of communications and marketing products and monitoring impact
- Acting as a brand champion across the organisation
- Managing the Information Officer and Digital Officer to meet objectives and funder targets
The Communications and Digital Manager will work towards Gingerbread’s vision of a society in which single parent families are valued and where they and their children are treated equally and fairly, and our mission of achieving change through elevating the voices and needs of single parents, and providing support services.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To plan the ongoing and future development of the Gingerbread website through both technical and strategic improvements, working closely with the Head of Communications & Digital and other colleagues
- Managing the relationship with Gingerbread’s website agency, maintaining a prioritised workflow of development plans and ensuring that work is completed and tested on time and within the support contract budget
- Leading on a content strategy for the website, and supporting direct reports and wider colleagues to plan and update content, including taking editorial responsibility for all content produced
- Taking a data-led approach to continuous improvement of the site, including interpreting analytics and other digital data to make recommendations for improvement
- To involve single parents in developing and evaluating our online performance and information, including by supporting colleagues to take a user-led approach to development
- To provide internal expertise on SEO and Google AdWords and support colleagues and direct reports to increase our reach
Developing and managing Gingerbread’s digital assets and services
- To maintain Gingerbread’s internal communications tools
- To provide technical oversight of peer-to-peer services, e.g. our online forum
- To support direct reports to research, plan and create effective information and multi-media products that meet user and funder requirements
- To work with colleagues to maximise output from other digital resources, including supporting developments in our effective use of mailing programmes and CRM
- Support the delivery of digital service design through user research and testing
- Oversee Gingerbread’s social media channels and identify areas for improvement
Communications, marketing and dissemination
- Lead and develop concepts for creative, exciting marketing campaigns and communications plans that will increase awareness of Gingerbread among single parents, practitioners and other audiences and enhance Gingerbread’s campaigns, fundraising and operational activity
- Lead on copywriting, design, editing and commissioning of content for corporate, policy, fundraising, information and marketing materials including key publications such as the Annual Review
- Act as a brand champion for Gingerbread across the organisation, supporting with the induction of new staff and ensuring all our communications comply with the brand guidelines as well as developing the brand guidelines as the organisation evolves
Planning and reporting
- Oversee the use of an organisational editorial calendar, enabling the planning and development of segmented communications by channel and audience and the delivery of a coherent programme of content that responds to external hooks
- Planning the delivery of information content and other communications deliverables against funder and user requirements to meet grant and contract targets
- Reporting on performance of communications, digital and information assets regularly as required by funders and colleagues
Managing staff and volunteers
- To recruit, motivate, and manage the performance and workload of the team and volunteers as required
- To work actively to support the development of direct reports, providing support and opportunities from training, coaching, and by delegating effectively.
- To support an open management style, communicating management information well and encouraging staff to contribute to shaping the organisation.
- To actively contribute to organisational cohesion, encouraging cross-team working, and a problem-solving approach
- To work in line with Gingerbread values and Code of Conduct
- To take personal responsibility and ensure compliance with corporate policies including safeguarding, confidentiality, health and safety and data protection
- To support, test and embed digital approaches to improve Gingerbread’s work, including updating and supporting the development of our Salesforce CRM
- To champion and promote equal opportunities and diversity both in your area of work and the wider organisation.
- To ensure single parent voice and experience informs the design and development of your work where appropriate
- To take personal responsibility for keeping up to date with issues affecting single parents, and the work of the charity.
- Experience of strategically developing a website, including leading on technical and non-technical improvements
- Experience of WordPress or other comparable website CMS.
- Experience of managing agencies and partners to deliver on time and within budget
- A strong understanding of the theory and practice of SEO and online advertising tools including Google AdWords
- Experience of assessing data and user testing insights to identify areas and act on areas for improvement
- An understanding of digital best practice including accessibility and usability
- A firm grasp of existing and emerging digital technologies (from databases and e-fundraising tools to forums), and a genuine interest in staying up to date with trends and requirements
- Communications and copy-writing / editing expertise, with the ability to tailor writing to different audiences and mediums, and summarise complex information in lively, compelling text
- Experience of developing social media strategies to support and maximise the impact of marketing and campaigning activities and to raise awareness and increase reach
- Understanding of the principles of branding, and experience of enforcing brand guidelines
- An ability to strategically plan content and communications to maximise reach and impact, meet audience needs and ensure effective use of owned channels
- An understanding of digital metrics and an ability to assess impact of communications
- Experience of effectively line managing employees or volunteers to meet their objectives
- Ability to manage own and team’s workload and project manage when working with colleagues across teams – effectively scheduling work and meeting deadlines
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Commitment to understanding the issues facing single parents and their children
- Ability to work as part of a team, and maintain good professional relationships, both internally and externally, including managing third party suppliers
- Experience working with InDesign, Photoshop and other tools to creating marketing and other collateral
- Experience of working with a charity or community or campaigning organisation
- Understanding of the issues facing single parents and their children
- Excellent project management skills, with experience of balancing multiple projects at once
- Understanding of user-led design and digital service development
- Experience of working with Salesforce
- Experience of training others to use digital tools and platforms
- A commitment to the work of Gingerbread and to improving the lives of the UK’s 2 million single parent families.
- Able to work confidentially in a digital office including standard Microsoft office software packages, CRM databases and social media and identifying opportunities to use digital to improve efficiency
- Highly developed understanding of equality and diversity and how it affects the organisation.
To apply for the role please download the Information Pack and Application Pack attachments below. The closing date for submitting completed application forms is Monday 25th January 2021 at 10:00am.