Design a festive e-card competition
Design a festive e-card to celebrate single parent families
Do you have a budding young artist in your family? They can help us to celebrate single parent families this Christmas by taking part in Gingerbread’s e-card design competition. Winning entries will receive £30 of shopping vouchers and see their design included as part of Gingerbread’s festive e-cards campaign.
Christmas is a time for family and celebration. It’s also a time when images of traditional families across advertising and popular culture can be impossible to escape. At Gingerbread, we know that families come in different shapes and sizes. There are almost 2 million single parent families across the UK, and we want to make sure they are also represented and celebrated this festive season.
This year, we are calling on the talented young children of our single parent members to design an image showing what Christmas and the festive season means to them and their family. Send this image to Gingerbread to take part in our e-card design competition.
Up to five winning entries will receive £30 of shopping vouchers and their design will be included as part of Gingerbread’s festive e-card campaign.
Gingerbread’s festive e-cards will be available through specialist e-card provider Don’t Send me a Card in order to raise funds that will help more single parent families access the vital advice, information and support that they need.
How to take part
- Download our e-card design entry form and ask your child to use it to create their design.
- The designs can be of anything, but should include a festive element and represent what Christmas and the festive season means to your child/family.They can include images, text or both.
- Write the child’s name and age on the entry form, along with your name and contact details
- Don’t forget to complete the parental consent form
- Once ready, scan or take a photograph of your design in colour and email it to us at email@example.com.
- Please ensure the scan/photograph of your design is of a high resolution (200-300dpi or higher)
- If you are unable to send a scan or a photograph of your entry, please get in contact with Gingerbread’s Communications Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for details on how you can post your entry to us.
- All entries must be received by Gingerbread no later than midnight on Friday 15 November in order to qualify.
Competition terms and conditions:
The festive e-card design competition is being organised by Gingerbread, the leading charity working with single parent families. Our mission is to champion and enable single parent families to live secure, happy and fulfilling lives.
By taking part in the competition, entrants agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
- The competition is free to enter and open to children of single parent families up to 14 years old.
- Designs should be submitted on the entry form provided.
- Entries should be returned to us by email as a scan or photograph. Alternatively contact email@example.com for details on how to post your entry to us.
- The closing date for submissions is midnight on Friday 15 November 2019.
- Winners will be announced by Friday 22 November 2019.
- The copyright of the entire image used in the design must belong to the entrant (please do not use images or parts of images that have been created by another person).
- Entrants will retain copyright in the designs they submit. By entering the competition, all entrants grant Gingerbread the right to publish their design(s) on Gingerbread’s festive e-cards and to use the image(s) on our website, social media and other publicity materials.
- Gingerbread will choose the winners. Gingerbread’s decision on all matters relating to the competition is final, and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the competition’s judging and organisation.
- Gingerbread reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- Any breach of these terms by an entrant will void their entry.
- Consent from a parent/guardian must be given for entries from children, as well as for publicity.
- The winning entries and names will be displayed on Gingerbread’s website, social media pages, email and other publicity materials.
- Up to five winning entrants will receive a £30 shopping voucher. This will be sent to them within two weeks of announcing the winners.