If you're unemployed, you may be able to claim benefits to support you while you're not working. Most likely, you will claim jobseekers allowance (JSA) which provides you with money to support you while you are looking for work.

Find out how to claim jobseekers allowance and other benefits, as well as what to do if your money is stopped by a sanction.

Cartoon of two £20 notes