Gingerbread groups offer a chance for single parent families to get together, meet new people and share experiences.

Run by single parent and practitioner volunteers, they’re a space for single parents like you to support each other and share the highs and lows of parenting, or just to have a cuppa and a chat while your children play.

Friendly, supportive, wonderful group of people! My son has come on leaps and bounds with his confidence and social skills since attending the group

Group member

Benefits of joining a group 

• Finding friends in your local area
  • Connection with other single parent families
  • Giving and receiving support
  • Helping to reduce the isolation and loneliness which can be experienced by single parent families

How can I join a group? 

Enter your postcode into our groups listings page to find and contact your nearest group.  If you need help, contact us.

We ask group coordinators to respond within 7 days. Groups are led by single parent volunteers, so this can be longer.

There isn’t a group in my area. What should I do? 

Gingerbread can send a call-out for a volunteer to set up a group in the area. If you’d be interested in volunteering, take a look at what’s involved in setting up a group or contact us.