Where to start ?? Help

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Where to start ?? Help

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #22488 Report


    I am currently living in what was our home it is mortgage and my name is on it . Although my  ex partner of 18 yr has paid it . I have 2 sons 14 and 9 our relationship is over and I’m struggling to come to terms with it yet I think it’s the right thing . He wants me to move out though with my son’s as he won’t go to his mams. I only work 6 hrs , decided jointly to come out of work due to childcare but drove me crazy when youngest went full time . I don’t know where to start ? I would need private rent to stay close for my son’s friends and school, council takes to long and don’t know if I’d be eligible? What do I do first ? I don’t get any benefits as it stands . I would love to stay here but he says I would be able to afford the mortgage or take it on  . I’m looking to get into a school for work now.  I suffer with anxiety and it’s having a ball at the minute . What do I do first ? Can anyone help as my head will explode soon …

    #22494 Report


    The first thing you do is to book an appt with a solicitor. If your name is on the house deeds and the mortgage certificate, and you have lived / kept house there for 18 years, then the house is partly yours and you are entitled to some of the equity.

    Take all the paperwork you can find, mortgage docs, bank statements, bills etc. to the appt.

    And then stop worrying about it. Sit tight and wait until you have some legal advice, and you know what you are dealing with.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register