Where to start

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Where to start

  • This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Ghz.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #63559 Report


    I currently live with my ex partner and 4 children in a house solely owned by my ex partner. I need to move out as our relationship is over, today things went too far verbally and I am feeling very hurt and I need to leave soon. I don’t know where to start. I have no income, no family nearby and no savings. I need to find a house but to do that I’ll need financial help. Can I claim universal credit whilst living with my ex partner? The money would be used to fund a house. Should I email letting agents to explain my situation? Can I apply for a house then claim universal credit? I’m really confused over what to do.

    #63577 Report


    Hi Purpleturtle2021, I hope you can chat with other people on the forum soon. Here’s a link to useful information on our website about separating: Separating – Gingerbread. You may also like to give our helpline a call to talk things through: Helpline – Gingerbread. 

    #64156 Report


    I own a house with my partner but want to leave . I have a 10 year old boy and only earn around 600 a month .  I know he won’t go because he’s said before but I can’t clsim anything to help me save to move out because we’re still classed as living together

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register