Where to start?

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Where to start?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • #48882 Report


    Hi, just looking for some advice on how I go about taking on my toddler full time and what process I have to go through to stop work and  to claim social housing. Its a bit daunting to know where to get started so if anyone can give me a start I’d be most grateful. Thanks.

    #48888 Report



    Your question isn’t so clear.If you could be a bit more specific you might get more replies…

    #48896 Report



    you can contact your local council to apply for housing. you could look at applying for universal credit: https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit

    #48900 Report

    Hi Benni

    I’m Michelle one of the Moderators here in the forum.

    Thanks for posting here.  It sounds as though you’re at the beginning of looking at your options.  You can find lot’s of information within the site on various topics that might be helpful via this link:

    Information – Gingerbread

    Our helpline will also be able to guide you in exploring your options or direct you to relevant agencies that should be able to offer support.

    • Gingerbread Single Parent Helpline – Freephone 0808 802 0925

    Opening hours:  Mon 10 – 6, Tues 10- 4, Wed 10 – 1 & 5 – 7, Thurs 10 – 4, Fri 10 – 4.  They can be busy so callers can expect to wait up to 20 minutes before the call is answered.

    Kind regards


    #48922 Report


    Hi to you guys that replied, sorry if my message is unclear but that’s exactly how I feel so just needed  a push in a direction to start, so I am grateful for the replies.  (which that in itself makes me feel more comfortable.) Thanks again I will start some research right now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register