Want to end a 12 year relationship

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Want to end a 12 year relationship

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #6829 Report


    I have been with my partner for 12 years we have a 3 yr old daughter. Over the last few months ive realsied im not in love with him any more. I moved away from family for him. He wont let me take our daughter to see my family. Threatens to take me to court if we split up. Our relationship at times have been violent. But im scared to end it as i dont know how angry he will be. I have depression and this doesnt help me.

    #6949 Report


    This sounds very difficult. I used to live with my childs father and he told me, I would never see my son again if we broke up. In the end I found the courage to leave him and moved back in with my mum. He then threatened to take me to court to have my son full time. This never happened! Sometimes they’re just talk. If you’re really unhappy and think you and your child would be safer living separately from him you should leave. try not to be afraid even though its hard. I hope this helps.

    #6974 Report


    It’s an awful situation and I’m sorry you’re having to go through it.  My ex told me that if I left him he would fight me for full custody and take our children from me.  We were together 11 years and have been apart for 17 months now and he has yet to take me to court and ironically barely sees his children.  It’s a scary thing and a big change but you need to think about what you need in the long run.  I hope things get better

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register