Universal credit personal changes

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Universal credit personal changes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #40848 Report


    Hello please could i ask im currently claiming u.c and working p.t. I want my partner to move in with me and was wondering how do you do this and would I have to start a complete new claim as a couple also would my payments stop for the five weeks again before he is added. Thankyou

    #40865 Report

    Gingerbread Alex


    You may find it helpful to contact our Single Parent Helpline. We have a team of trained advisers that should be able to help. They do get busy and you may have to hold to get through, but calls are free from mobiles and landlines.

    Here are their details:

    I hope this helps,


    #40895 Report


    When he moves in you have to ring and tell them. Your single claim will end and a joint claim started.
    I just did it the other way around. Went from a joint claim to a single.
    Told them and they ended one and started the new one almost immediately.
    No gaps in payment. Same payment day the next month.
    I guess it all depends on what changes you have to make and when your next payment would have been due?

    You can change everything on your online account and send them a message on your journal. Ask every question on there and also write down on the journal every change you make and everything they have told you to change! It keeps a record and shows you’ve done it all right and if they make a mistake or underpay you there’s proof and can be sorted faster.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register