Universal Credit – new claim

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Universal Credit – new claim

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #57956 Report



    This is a bit of an odd one!.

    Myself and husband are living separate lives. He works abroad and is only back sporadically when he is on a shift change but we are starting divorce proceedings (been a long time coming). I was told by someone at Gingerbread or CAB a few weeks/month back now that I could potentially start a claim for UC as a single person living with him (as another separate person – which he is).

    Aside from the small (huge!) fact that atm, he pays the Mortgage and Bills and supports me totally BUT I want to break away from this and lead a completly separate live (which is fking scary).  As soon as we divorce and I get my ‘settlement’, Im relocating with our daughter (all mutally agreed).

    Does anyone have any similar experience i.e of claiming UC while living with a separated partner (temporarily while trying to sort out separate living arrangements)?.

    Thank you.  Its a complicated one!


    #58028 Report


    Yes you can do it. My stbx works away 3 weeks and home for 3 weeks and I claim. We have just sold the house. Apply now…it helps!!

    #58886 Report


    Thank You @Whisper22!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register