Transfer of property under schedule 1 children’s act

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Transfer of property under schedule 1 children’s act

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #56098 Report


    Split from ex partner 2 yrs ago we were not married he had affair left. I’ve remained in family home with two children 4 &12 I have paid all the bills council tax etc since he left.


    We own home 50/50 both on mortgage. I can’t afford to buy him out of his equity & take on mortgage aswell. To much money.

    He has always continued to pay mortgage 850pm however the arrangement was 500 pm was child maintenance but I don’t get it it goes straight to mortgage so he only paying 350 as he’s using my maintenance money.

    He sees he is paying 850 pm for a house he does not live in & never will again so he want to sell & I don’t. Does anyone know if it’s possible to get the house signed over until my boys are out of education. he has sent me a letter for an order of sale but I ignored it & he hasn’t pursued I think it’s because it’s not as straight forward as he thought last children are involved. He director of own company & said if I go down child support route he will lie about his income so I won’t get anything. I’ve also got a contact arrangement order in place & he has a conviction for domestic violence I don’t want to lose my home

    Any advice welcome

    #56166 Report


    Hi msangela,

    I’m Vee, one of the forum moderators. It’s great to see you posting here and I hope you find it a helpful, supportive space. It might help to get some guidance via Gingerbread’s Helpline – 0808 802 0925 (open Mon-Fri, hours vary). We also provide online information if you need legal advice – we can’t provide legal advice but we can point you in the direction of others who can. There is a list of organisations who may be able to help you at the bottom of the page:
    Best wishes,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register