Transfer of Deeds

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Transfer of Deeds

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #18549 Report


    Hi – any solicitors or anyone with a good knowledge of Land Registry on here?

    I’m currently going through a divorce and have been attending mediation with my soon to be ex. We both own our home and he has agreed to sign over his share to me so I become the sole owner on the property and will take on the mortgage whilst he buys himself a property of his own. I did speak with the Land Registry and had some advice but now i am downloading forms from the .gov website I’m a little confused.

    I have been advised I need an AP1 Application to change the register form, and a ID1 certificate of identity form. I’m confused if I need a TR1 Transfer of whole register form or a TP1 Transfer of part of registered title form. I’m guessing it’s a TP1 form that I need, but read somewhere else that I may need to send up a JO form also, which looking at it and its wording surely would have been completed when we first bought the house?

    I have a Title Deed Register Extract, what else do I need to send up with the paperwork?


    #18561 Report

    Hi Nikki79.

    Thanks for sharing this.  It sounds like you already gained a reasonable amount of knowledge about this so far, even if you are left feeling a little confused.  With regards to the questions, I can recommend that you contact our helpline.  If they can not answer these questions directly, then they will be able to put you in touch with agencies that can help.  The number for the helpline is 0808 802 0925.  Opening times for this are Mon 10 – 6,  Tues 10 – 4,  Wed 10 – 1 then 5 – 7, Thurs 10 – 4, Fri 10 – 4.

    I wish you the best of luck for finding solutions for your questions.

    Best wishes GingerbreadJustine

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register