Surname Change

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Surname Change

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #43720 Report

    Hi All, first timer here. I am going through a divorce with my ex wife. It’s taken 2 years.

    I have been fighting via the courts to get access to my kids, and see them once a week at a contact centre, my last court case is on 30/9. This will determine the custody and rights I get to see them.

    It’s been brought up by my 11 year old daughter and 7 year old son, that the grand father has been telling them to change the surname, the kids have been really upset about this and said to me they do not want to change the surname. This week my ex has changed her surname and is now trying to get my children to change there name.

    Can anyone give advise on how to block her application in the courts ?





    #43723 Report


    You could make an application, possibly to the courts for a prohibited steps order or Preferentially, raise the issue at your next hearing and ask for this to be added into the child arrangement order as a clause. The courts can rule no change until the child reaches 18.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register