Support for single mother

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Support for single mother

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #22024 Report


    Hello. I’m a bit overwhelmed with the information online so was hoping that I could get some solid information here. 

    Currently im going through a divorce but we still live in same household. Im desperate to get out but neither of our income is enough to rent somewhere else for me and my son. We can’t even keep up with rent as a household.


    Fortunately I’m not in a domestic abuse situation and neither of us have hurt each other, but does this mean getting housing support will be difficult for me? Where do I even start?


    Thank you in advance. X

    #22035 Report


    You can visit your local housing association or council office to enquire. Or try Shelter’s website. I know a few people who have been married/seperated who still manage to get housing benefit.

    #22051 Report

    Hi there

    You can always contact the Gingerbread Single Parent helpline.  The advisers will be able to help you explore your options.  The number is 0808 802 0925.  Opening hours are: Mon 10-6, Tues 10 – 4, Wed 10 – 1 and 5 – 7, Thurs 10 – 4, Fri 10 – 4.  Please be patient with getting through.  You will be holding for a while as they have a lot of calls coming in for them.

    Hope that helps.  Justine

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register