Support for childcare

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Support for childcare

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #57148 Report

    Suzanne 2021


    I am single mum to a beautiful 6 month old boy. His father is not involved and does not provide any financial support. He is in another country.

    I am planning my return to work and plan to put my son in nursery for a few days a week when he is 1 years old so I can work full time again. My mum will also provide childcare a couple of days per week. Is there any financial support to help with nursery costs as a single parent when a child is 1 years old?

    Thanks in advance for any advice!

    #57212 Report


    yes, if you get universal credit or working tax credit, you will get help with your childcare. I get working tax credits. My sons fees are £116 per week and I get roughly £70 a week to help towards it. Hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register