Stopping contact

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Stopping contact

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #56428 Report



    looking for some help here in desperate times. Bit of a back story I have raised my daughter for ten years, my daughters father has began seeing her two days a week and we’re due in court in august as he is seeking additional time which my daughter has already told him she doesn’t want.
    two weekends ago, I had a phone call from her fathers partner saying my daughter has had an accident and fallen from her bed they think she’s broken her arm and she’s in a&e in a certain hospital. I drive there she isn’t registered. I finally get back hold of the girlfriend and she changes her mind on the hospital and refuses to tell me the ward. When I finally find my daughter she’s about to go into surgery as the break was so severe. Turns out she has a bunk bed without sides and rolled off it onto a wooden box below. this is concerning especially as they’re refusing to get her a new bed and expecting her to climb the bed again with a full arm cast.

    now this weekend he took her away to Devon to an unfamiliar holiday park and they left her to wander the park go to the arcades, park and shop alone whilst the father partner and their child went swimming. She can’t go in the pool with her arm and felt left out they didn’t include her on either day they were there but more importantly she’s ten in an unfamiliar environment on her own when her father is unable to keep eyes on her and she’s told me that a man an woman offered to pay for her chocolate bar in the shop which she refused. She’s a young ten mind she asked for a doll last Christmas. I contacted the father they have denied it saying she was supervised at all times. I asked him to call me so that my daughter can explain what she told me so we can both be on the same page and he’s refused and said he’s taking this to court that I’m making up accusations. I’m at a loss what to do as these aren’t one off situations unfortunately I don’t feel safe her going down there if as a bare minimum she isn’t being watched. Am I wrong? Thanks

    #56436 Report



    Hi Staceylox

    I’m one of the moderators on the forum.  I’m sorry you’re going through this.

    You don’t say whether you have a solicitor helping you.  Here’s a link to our legal information pages which might help.

    If you want advice about safeguarding issues you can ring your local social services or the NSPCC.  The NSPCC number is 0808 800 5000

    Here’s a link to their website

    If you want to talk about options, including which organisations may be  able to help or advise, please do consider calling our  Single Parent Helpline – Freephone 0808 802 0925.

    Opening hours:  Mon 10 – 6, Tues 10- 4, Wed 10 – 1 & 5 – 7, Thurs 10 – 4, Fri 10 – 4  They can be busy so callers can expect to wait up to 20 minutes before the call is answered.





    #56439 Report


    hi, you could phone social services and let them know all of your concerns? do you have a solicitor? you could have a word with them about it.

    #57238 Report


    Absolutely definitely call social care and speak to a duty social worker as I presume you don’t have a SW for your family. Log your concerns, be frank and don’t hold back for fear of wanting to make a fuss. If these people are unable to properly care for your child then you need to raise concerns ASAP as you may be asked why you did not.

    You can get a free 30min consult from lots of family lawyers, call a few and see what they say.

    Also http://www.rights of women. Co. Uk is a very good resource for going through courts without a lawyer.


    All the best and good luck

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register