Stay at home mum nearing seperation

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Stay at home mum nearing seperation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #55481 Report


    Hi, just wanted some advice from other single mums who have been in a similar  situation please. I am a stay at home mum and I have a joint mortgage with my partner. He wants to separate and sell our home, I will get half of anything we make but will struggle to buy my own home due to no current employment, I am in the process of becoming a childminder but worry I will struggle to rent a property with no current employment as I know letting agents/landlords want to see proof or employment, payslips etc, will I be able to rent privately or will my only option be to move into a council owned property? Any advice would be appreciated. I don’t have the option to move in with family.

    #55485 Report


    I know that some properties are DSS welcome, but I don’t know if you have to have UC before you rent or if you can apply afterwards.

    #55489 Report


    There are sites like SpareRoom that advertise accommodation where housing benefit is accepted. Make sure you complete the HB forms yourself and just ask the Landlord to review and sign

    #55505 Report

    Hi natterz35

    I’m Michelle one of the Moderators here.  You may find some of the information within the Gingerbread site useful.  Here’s a link to the section on housing:

    Housing | Gingerbread

    I hope that’s helpful

    Kind regards


Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register