Starting separation

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Starting separation

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #55215 Report


    I’m a mother of a 5 month old baby. I share rent with my partner who I decided to separate due to his agressions. My family don’t live here and haven’t been enough here to say I have close friends to support. 

    I wonder if it is possible to keep being a professional while single parent Although my company closed before ending my maternity

    Will I be able to have any extra monetary support from the government? What about housing? What about coming back to work as single parent? How can I manage to be a single parent with a needy active baby that wakes up every two hours and poorly naps?

    #55238 Report



    you could contact your local job centre or citizens advice bureau for advice. you should be able to apply for benefits/universal credit. you could ask your partner to financially support you and your child if he is not.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register