Specified adult childcare

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Specified adult childcare


Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #64945 Report


    Hi all,

    This is probably a stupid question, but I’ve searching online, and have found zero answers. So I hope someone on here can help. Specified adult childcare seems to be my best option, but I’m wondering if my family member leaves work to help care for my child, so I can go back to work, what income will they live on. Will they have to apply for welfare?



    #64958 Report


    Are you paying them a salary to look after your child?

    If they are getting cash in hand and not declaring it whilst claiming benefits this  would be an  issue with HMRC and benefits stopped.

    I guess they would be entitled to housing benefit and Uc but they can’t get some of benefits if they are getting a salary.


    #64960 Report


    Forgot to say that your relative nerds to give reason why they gave up job. Sometimes it can taje up to 3 months before they are paid.

    #65004 Report


    Hi @ish365, Here’s some information on our website about childcare options Childcare – Gingerbread. If you want to ask about specificed adult childcare, please give our helpline a call. Helpline – Gingerbread


Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register