Social Housing advice?

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Social Housing advice?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #35099 Report


    Hi all!
    I’m a working single parent with a 20 month old child, im currently in a professional role earning around 30k a year. I currently pay 3 days childcare and use the tax free childcare scheme! Im currently living with my mum due to not being able to afford to rent privately or have own my own home by myself. I have been placed on band 4 of the social care housing banding due to not being overcrowded. I really need my own place, me and my LO are sleeping in the same bed in one room and I really see no way of getting my own place. Has any one got any ideas of how i can be placed on a higher banding or know of any affordable schemes I can access to access housing? I have no savings due to the cost of childcare and really see no way out!!!


    Stressed mama! Any advice welcome

    #35101 Report


    If you’re on 30k a year how can you not afford to pay rent on a private property?

    #35104 Report


    I pay crazy childcare fees nearly £1000- my annual salary obviously is taxed and i have outgoings.

    #35368 Report


    what sort of outgoings?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register