single mum with 6 yr old daughter, sofa surfing for 3 months

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum single mum with 6 yr old daughter, sofa surfing for 3 months

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #32563 Report


    hiya everyone, On 30/07/2019, me and my 6 year old daughter became homeless by my housing association, Because apparently “i didnt need their support services anymore” I lived in their property for a year, there wasn’t anything particular on the tenancy agreement, just agreement to house inspections etc, a few months into it, they wanted to help get my daughter to a closer school, which I did, and things were great, My rent was kept all up to date, i wasnt a nuisance, I had to collect my belongings so they could rent to a “family in need” we are hoping to move into a flat. but wondering if any charities do donations of kids beds etc? thanks in advance x

    #32585 Report



    I know in my locality we have a charity called ‘mother share’ and they help kit out basic items for people moving into properties, I think sometimes having fled from domestic violence etc with very little. There maybe something like that in your area if you google or look on Facebook. The only other thing I can think of is to contact your GP practice and ask them if they have a social prescriber. I think this may be a national thing, they help with anything social that could potentially lead to medical issues such as depression. The social prescribers are usually a knowledgeable bunch and know something about everything in the area. If not then maybe citizens advice bureau. Hopefully one of these options will be a starting point.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register