Single Father needs Hosuing help

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Single Father needs Hosuing help

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #53750 Report


    Hello All

    Good Morning. I got divorced few years back and my life went downhill from there and i ended up living in homeless hostel

    for the last 3 years. I have a 9 yr old daughter who lives with her mother but i look after her 3-4 days a week in her flat from morning to evening.

    Now the mother is saying she doesn’t want to loo after the daughter anymore and wants me to get a house immediately. I am financially not in a position to rent privately as i myself living on benefits. I do work part time though. My ex’s mental health situation is deteriorating and that’s what causing her to stress a lot asking my daughter to move with me. I applied for local council housing register but not  received any information from them yet.

    I really don’t know what to do. I love my daughter and don’t want any social service people involved.

    Any help is much Appreciated.

    Thank you


    #53754 Report

    Hi Vik12

    I’m Michelle one of the Moderators here in the forum.  It’s probably worth getting in touch with the charity shelter in your situation.  They’ll be able to guide you through the correct channels in getting yourself some accommodation.

    Here’s a link to the service:

    Shelter –  Expert Housing Advice. Contact expert housing advisers either online, or by calling the free national emergency helpline or your local service team. 0808 800 4444

    There’s also some info within the Gingerbread website on housing that should be useful.  You can find that here:

    Housing – Gingerbread

    Hope that helps a bit

    Kind regards



Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register