Self employment and UC

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Self employment and UC

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • #50281 Report



    I’m just wondering if there is anyone self employed and claiming UC with a child under the age of 5?

    I’m rather confused, is anyone able to explain in simple terms?

    There is an opportunity for me to work as a part time cleaner (1 day). It would be through the agency but they want me to register as self employed. My earming’s would be around £360 per month.

    I have a few questions.

    Would I be deducted 63p for each pound I earn?

    Would I have to pay my NI even the earnings are so low?

    would I have to pay council tax? At the moment it’s been suspended.


    Thanks a lot in advance!




Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register