any advice welcome on my situation. I am asthmatic and had pneumonia a year ago that saw me admitted to hospital for 5 days. I’m therefore high risk.
ive taken the risky decision to move in with my parents who are in their 70s for a) company and b) for support looking after my son if I get ill/I can care for them if they get it.
now what do I do about my son seeing his dad? He usually sees him one night in the week and every other weekend. I can’t trust a word he says so I can’t rely on him to self isolate plus he has a Flatmate who I, of course, can’t expect to self isolate. I can’t work out a way to enable him to see my son. I thought about the park every 15 days but he wouldn’t be able to pick him up and cuddle him which would be hard for both of them. I imagine we’re all in the same boat on this. If anyone has any good ideas, please let me know!
Personally I would not move in with your family! If they are obeying the rules and self isolating they should be OK. My sister only goes out to walk the dogs late at night and she has got health issues
I have left takeaways and shopping outside my aunts house and talked to her at least 3 metres from her front door. We went to the park yesterday and as a treat went and got macdonalds but ordered In the car. We are also self isolating but it is very difficult.
If you drink lots of vitamin c. Make smoothies, take zinc drops and generally keep yourself healthy you will be fine.
I had pneumonia and I still looked after my child because I had no one to ask . There is face time and skype too. If your son was not visiting his father then I would say move in because there is no school.
Thanks for replying. I forgot to say that I had to move in because I’m wFH and no way I can do that and look after my little one. It’s so tough and not a decision the three of us took lightly. I too had to look after my little one myself when I was in hospital with pneumonia so I know how hard it is. I won’t tell you what my ex was doing at the time despite us still being together. Now that my parents, my little one and I are together, our intention is not to leave the house for 3 months, a year, as long as this is up so hopefully we will be fairly protected which is why I can’t risk exposing us with my ex coming into contact