School admissions

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum School admissions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #37430 Report


    Hi, Looking for clarity if possible please.

    If parents of a child/children are separated/divorced and have no contact with each other and a court order for no direct contact, the non resident parent still has parental responsibility.

    So when it comes to school admissions for either infants/Juniors, primary or secondary school for the child/children is it only the residential parent that can/has to apply to the school or could the non residential parent? Also if a child has a placed accepted who can complete the enrolment forms? Can the non resident parent complete them or does it have to be the resident parent?

    Appreciate any factual information given in this matter.



    #37447 Report


    Try asking your local education authority/County Council. I think each county has different criteria. Good luck xxc

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register