Recently separated

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Recently separated

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • #34129 Report


    Due to a high level of stress and sadness I have decided to move out of our once family home not through my own volition.

    I decided to rent.

    I work full-time

    Am I entitled to any government financial support? Rent is more expensive than mortgage payment

    #34131 Report


    I have recently separated but I stayed in the home. All I can say is you can apply for universal credits online. So it maybe worth doing that and see what happens?
    I also went to Citizens Advice for more info on one of their financial sessions. Very helpful.

    Good luck

    #34132 Report


    Thank you Emily, I will do.

    #34138 Report


    Have you looked at the Entitledto or Turn2us websites? They both have benefits calculators which should help you claim for everything that you are entitled to.

    #34140 Report


    Hi, i am going through a separation process atm too. My partner s salary is way higher than mine hence we never needed any gov support. Now we are still living together (until we sell the house we said) however it is nerv wrecking. I would want to move but not sure how to do about applying for any financial support. Do i have to have a rent contract first? I went on entitled and calculated the benefits i could possible get and it looks like that plus my salary would be enough for myself and my daughter but how long it usually takes from the moment i apply until they accept and give you the money.

    I have no idea where else to get advice from.

    Thank you.


    #34149 Report


    Hi Roxanna

    If you’re a single parent, or intending to be a single parent, you can contact the Gingerbread Helpline for benefit advice on 0808 802 0925.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register