Newly separated mum of 2

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Newly separated mum of 2

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #32239 Report


    Hi I’m just after some advice.

    my husband have separated after 7 years of marriage and 2 children. Now 3 and 5 years.

    we just moved to a new house joint mortgage but I own more. We earn about the same but due to his job he will not be having the children much. He is looking for a rental.
    mum just finding it quite difficult even though it was my choice.
    what I want to know is practicalities. Do I tell council tax? Do I contact a solicitor and get it official? I phoned one and it was going to cost 175 plus vat. I can’t afford that. I work full time and had to take leave this week due to it being all new and not coping.

    im at my parents and he is in the house but has said he will leave on Sunday.
    Any support or anything I’d really appreciate. (Back story we have been here before a few times and from my point of view it’s over but I’m very scared about it all)

    #32254 Report


    I’m so sorry to hear this.  It’s so difficult. I’m going through the same thing , I would inform the council tax that way you will get single persons allowance. I would seek advice from a solicitor in regards to the house and access to the kids . It’s a horrible situation and hard to adapt as a single parent us woman are made of strong stuff be strong for the kids loads of love xxxx

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register