New with separation with my husband, please give me advice what steps I have to

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum New with separation with my husband, please give me advice what steps I have to

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #47080 Report

    Proud mom

    Dear All

    Im a new member on this forum.

    I will appreciate any comments from you regarding my status.

    Im 10 years in marriage, have a daughter 2 years but almost 1 year we have stopped understanding each other with my husband on the same way as before. I had big arguments with his mother and insisted his wife and child to be on first place he turn on his mother side. So this give me a good reason to think how I have for husband and father of my daughter.

    I think that after all that drama we are not happy anymore and that affects my child behaviour.

    Dear All,  Please gide me how I can find new place to leave with my child. Cos I can’t stay anymore with my husband and can’t afford to rent private property.

    Where I can register for a single mom… What steps I have to do?

    Can I start all this with out his support because he is not happy about my decision for divorce.

    And the divorce has to be done in the country as was made it and its not England.


    Thanks a lot

    #47226 Report



    I’m sorry to hear that you are going through this and at a time such as this one must be awful for you!

    I’m not too sure on what steps you would have to take but in the first instance it would probably be best to speak to someone within your local authority and enquire about getting onto their council property list.

    Have you tried looking at what support groups or organisations are available to you locally, maybe local community centres? I’m sure the Citizens Advice Bureau could help or at least point you in the right direction.

    Sorry I couldn’t advise further but I do hope this helps in some way

    A x

    #47303 Report

      <li style=”text-align: left;”>Hi, Merry Christmas, and sorry to hear you are going through this. I’ve been in the same situation and I know it’s very hard. First of all, think if you have a friend or relative that you could stay with safely for some time, so you can think what to do next. Some marriages just need a bit of a break. Maybe you can think of a family therapist to help you with your relationships? It will never be perfect if your mother in law lives in the same household. It’s not easy to find a place to live as a single parent. I went through such a hell finding a place to rent as a single mum despite the fact that I’ve always been working full time, had savings and friends who were willing to be my guarantors. Most agencies simply refuse to let a property for single parents. One option is to rent a room in a house share setting if that’s enough for you and your child. If you want to chat please feel free to pm me. Take care and stay strong.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register