need to take ex to court but can't afford solicitor

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum need to take ex to court but can't afford solicitor

  • This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by leej.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #32951 Report



    Need some advice please.  I need to take my ex to court for breach of consent order.  I’m on benefit and can’t afford a solicitor.  I know I can get help with the court fee but not a solicitor.  I know I can self represent but I’m not confident.  Is there anywhere I can get free legal support?  I don’t think my case is qualify for legal aid as no domestic abuse involved.  My case involves property ownership.  I’ve been to my local CAB and they don’t offer legal advice.

    Many thanks.


    #32973 Report

    Hi Leej

    It may be an idea to call our Single Parent Helpline.  They could have details of agencies that could support you with this.

    Here are their contacts details:

    #33009 Report


    Where abouts are you? I could walk you thru representing yourself. I have done it loads of times and succeeded. Just about all the judges have been very good with me knowing that I have no legal training whatsoever but I have learnt along the way. In my experience the courts want to see common sense come into play so if what you are wanting to put before a judge makes perfect sense you’re not going to have any problems. If I can help you just let me know xx

    #33014 Report


    Thanks for the replies.  I will ring the helpline and look into Mackenzie friend.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register