Need advice.

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Need advice.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #18399 Report


    Hi I need some advice, me and my partner have been going through a rough patch for a while, but now it’s got to the point where she attempted an over dose, she is frequently self harming. I’ve tried so much to help her instead of running away. But now it’s got to the point where I can’t do it anymore it’s not fair on my 2 children. In an ideal world i never want to take our children away from there mum, I’m worried that will make her worse, i currently work full time and pretty much a full time dad at home aswell. I have looked online with regards to applying for accommodation though the local council temparely, and  help support financially, because i would have to cut my hours down at work.  but I don’t one where to start…. am I doing the right thing? Just Need someone to talk to about this… if anyone does read this I appreciate your time. Thank you.

    #18410 Report


    Have you tried getting your partner some help via your GP? Talked to a mental health nurse? Can they refer you to a local charity  that will provide some support.

    you won’t get any state help until she has a diagnosis, and you can prove you need the help.

    Also if she has been primary carer, I don’t think you can just take the children away from her. She could apply for a court order to get them back.

    I’d start with the GP and then call social services locally for advice

    #18431 Report

    Hi joepooley

    I am pleased you managed to make contact on our forum.  The members here are able to offer sound advice and information regarding difficult situations.  Don’t forget that our website offers information and factsheets which can be easily used and our helpline can offer practical support around becoming a single parent.  There number is 0808 802 0925.  Please continue to draw on the support that is here on the forum.


Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register