need advice

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum need advice

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #25831 Report


    I’m 21 with a 2 year little girl I’m currently working 12 hour shifts. her father has been in and our her life but since I started my job I became dependent on him for childcare due to the 8 till 8 start and finish times. Hes recently not been seeing his daughter and now this has left me in a mess with work. I’ve spoke to my manager and she cant change my working times. I don’t have anyone else to have her so I haven’t been able to go to work. This has left me in a bad situation and looks like I will have to leave my job and go onto benefits. Will I be sanctioned for this and how long will it take to get my first payment as I have Bill’s to pay and worried I wont get paid in time to pay my Bill’s. 

    #25908 Report

    Hi EmilyJJ21

    Thank you for posting your comment.  It sounds like you have some specific questions that you need answers too.  Please contact our Single Parent Helpline.  We have a team of trained and experienced advisers who can either answer your questions direct or signpost you to the correct agencies.  This is the best place to get specific information.

    <!  Gingerbread Single Parent Helpline – Freephone 0808 802 0925

    Mon 10 – 6, Tues 10- 4, Wed 10 – 1 & 5 – 7, Thurs 10 – 4, Fri 10 – 4  They can be busy so callers can expect to wait up to 20 minutes before the call is answered.

    Hope that helps, Justine

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register