NDA (nondisclosure agreement) / Confidentiality Agreement – looking for lawyers

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum NDA (nondisclosure agreement) / Confidentiality Agreement – looking for lawyers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #55033 Report


    Pregnant and unsure what to do. Deeply upset/frightened and my life is out of balance. Ex partner left me not on good terms, I’ve been trying to get in touch in order to at least just talk it through. Instead, he keeps blocking me and spreads lies about me in circle of friends instead of talking to me. I’m also in bad physical health and pretty exhausted…

    I’m want to prevent any of this bad behaviour going forward and the idea is to  try and have him sign an nda/Confidentiality Agreement and THEN talk. I am aware, I cannot force him to attend a meeting with me but … in my thinking I am hoping that at least an official invitation letter that comes from a law firm will make him realise the seriousness of the situation and that he’s got responsibilities?!


    My aim is: He realises the situation/his responsibilities and finds an agreeable solution TOGETHER with me and sticks to whatever we agree (without further drama etc).

    Please don’t just pick on my idea – I would like constructive ideas/advise/lawyers who won’t break the bank to draft an nda/confidentiality agreement and  on how to make this work is appreciated!

    #55085 Report

    Hi TemoporaryGrowth

    I’m Michelle one of the Moderators in the forum.  As you’re looking for a legal practitioner I’ll leave some link below:

    Rights of Women – Free, confidential legal advice by telephone for women on a wide variety of issues. Specialist areas include family law and domestic violence. https://rightsofwomen.org.uk/get-advice/family-law/

    Child Law Advice Service – Provide legal advice on family law issues related to children, they have information on their website, and a helpline staffed by legal specialists 0300 330 5480  https://childlawadvice.org.uk/

    Family Law Panel – A free directory service for members of the public to access professional and independent family law information. Solicitors offer an initial free advice session. N.B. Professionals who can offer support with Domestic Violence are listed with a purple ribbon next to their name. https://thefamilylawpanel.org/categories/1

    Civil Legal Advice Helpline – Find out whether you qualify for legal aid and get details of local family law solicitors that provide advice and representation funded by legal aid 0345 345 4 345  https://www.gov.uk/civil-legal-advice

    LawWorks – A charity working in England and Wales to connect volunteer lawyers with people in need of legal advice, who are not eligible for legal aid and cannot afford to pay and with the not-for-profit organisations that support them.  https://www.lawworks.org.uk/

    It may also help to discuss your situation with the single parents helpline.  You can reach the service via the following link:

    Gingerbread Single Parent Helpline – Freephone 0808 802 0925

    Opening hours:  Mon 10 – 6, Tues 10- 4, Wed 10 – 1 & 5 – 7, Thurs 10 – 4, Fri 10 – 4  They can be busy so callers can expect to wait up to 20 minutes before the call is answered

    I hope that helps

    Kind regards


Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register