My child in hospital

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum My child in hospital

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #49522 Report


    My child is in hospital since January 18th:now my child is moved to a better unit for ongoing treatment since the 12th February.I have filled in a form for child DLA.I receive child benefits,child tax credit,will i lose my benefits if she continues to receive care for a certain time frame.She will return home eventually but her condition that needs treatment might be for a long time.

    #49528 Report



    not sure about tax credits, but child benefit stays in place as long as child is alive and it stops when child finishes full-time education (non-advanced). It wouldn’t stop because child is having health issues. usually if you apply for universal credit, then all other benefits get stopped.

    #49531 Report

    Hi Beverley

    I’m Michelle one of the moderators here in the forum.  I’m really sorry to hear that your child is unwell.  It’s good to see you here posting, and I hope you’ll get plenty of support here.

    You could give the Single Parent Helpline a call.  They may be able to clarify your question or signpost you to services that may be able to help.  You can get in touch via the details below:

    Gingerbread Single Parent Helpline – Freephone 0808 802 0925

    Opening hours:  Mon 10 – 6, Tues 10- 4, Wed 10 – 1 & 5 – 7, Thurs 10 – 4, Fri 10 – 4  They can be busy so callers can expect to wait up to 20 minutes before the call is answered

    You may also find some more answers within the site on one of the info pages:

    I hope that helps a little

    Kind regards



    #49534 Report


    Hi Beverley,

    Sorry to hear what you are going through with your child.It’s sounds like it must be a really tough time.Hope things start getting more positive very soon for you.💗

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register