Legal support

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Legal support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #39770 Report


    Afternoon everyone

    I’m in desperate need of help for my mate.

    He’s going through a very rough divorce from an abusive partner, he’s having a terrible time now just getting access to the kids to even confirm they are alright.

    I’ve been helping him try to find someone who will give him legal help but no one will help unless he pays at least two hundred pound an hour and he can’t get legal aid.

    My question is … does anyone have any guidance on where he can go to get help?

    He’s a great dad and been through hell to stay with his kids to keep them safe.

    #39779 Report


    Hi mate,

    Is your friend reasonably good with forms etc?
    If so, he could complete a Form C100 (available on He will also need to complete a C1a as there is considered to be risk of harm to the children. These will need to be sent to the Family Court local to the children.

    I have just started this process myself – forms submitted, it’s early days but I’m going to try and do as much as I can myself.

    If he feels the children are at risk of harm, he should also contact children’s services immediately (unless they are already involved?)


Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register