Just need help and to know it’s going to be ok

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Just need help and to know it’s going to be ok

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #14213 Report


    <h2 class=”posttitle icon” style=”margin: 0.2em 0px; font-size: 18px; font-family: roboto, sans-serif; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);”>So worried and confused!</h2>
    <div class=”content” style=”font-family: roboto, sans-serif; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);”>
    <div id=”post_message_19009144″>

    Right, deep breathe as need to sort this out. My finances are a mess and I’m struggling with my rent and bills and don’t know where to turn for advice as also have complications of work involved

    I’ve been working for my own limited company which unfortunately isn’t doing well at all, to the point I can’t pay myself and trying to work out how to rescue it/ what to do with it. Aside from this I’m a single mum and just trying to do my best, a couple of months ago I took an employed job to cover as much of my bills as I can but it’s not enough. I’ve done an entitledto online calculations and if I just have this income I’m entitled to help which will remove the shortfall
    I’m finding myself with. How do I explain this to the benefits people as obviously my last tax returns will be different and historical and not what is happening and where I need the help right now? I’m so so stressed out as have always worked so hard and this is last resort for me having found myself not able to pay rent this month 😔 I freak out with admin and just need to know what I can do and if o can get help based on future without having to wait not have to get straight
    Thank you


    #14216 Report


    Hi there

    This sounds like a really difficult situation for you. I would seek some professional advice from someone who understands finances and the benefits system. My first port of call would probably be CAB, (citizens advice). They often have specialists who work for them .

    Wishing you all the best 🙂

    #14217 Report


    my lovely do you have a hub at your local council (what it’s called here Peabody once called family mosaic)  a charity that sit in the council daily helping people with problem with rent council tax etc .   They are there to help you,  you maybe able  get a discretionary Payment because of your circumstances that will pay rent and council tax for you for a little while while you try and sort things out takes the pressure off you and the weight lifted from your shoulders for a little bit xx

    Hope this helps 😊

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register