How to supervise contact

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum How to supervise contact

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • #56266 Report


    Could I ask for some advice from anyone who has been through this?

    Myself and my wife separated eight months ago, initially with 50:50 shared care.  Unfortunately she turned up to school while under the influence of alcohol and was arrested.  Social services conducted a section 47 investigation, while the children resided with me.  We attended court and visits were supervised by three mums while the instigation was completed.


    Despite my concerns regarding her alcohol dependence, they deemed that she could have unsupervised contact again and at court we agreed to return to 50:50 child’ care.  She took an oath to the court not to drink alcohol while having the children.


    Less than three weeks later she was again arrested for drink driving at school.


    Again I have the children full time and I am returning to court.


    In the meantime, I want the children to see her, but have been advised that the contact should be supervised again.  But because SS have stated that I am keeping the children safe, they are not involved at present.

    Relations between me and my wife are fat from good and she has stated that she wants to see the children and that it will be supervised, but not by who.  The people who I knew, who were doing it previously are not involved.

    I want her to be able to see the children, but I want them to be safe and I feel that the responsible person should be someone who I can trust.  Is this a reasonable request?


    Sorry for the long post, but a lot has happened in a short space of time.




Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register