How long do I need to be “contactable”

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum How long do I need to be “contactable”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #54352 Report


    so my daughter doesn’t want to go to her dads anymore. She has stated that she feels bullied and has explained why. She feels dad is always angry and in a bad mood and banging and stamping. She doesn’t like the way he speaks to nan (his mum) when she’s there (history of dv between them, that she’s witnessed). Its making her scared and uncomfortable to be there. We have raised the issue with dad, he has totally denied everything and called her a liar, shouting at her and mocking her when she was crying. She is now refusing to speak to him on the phone and to see him. I find it hard to communicate with him without him being aggressive and threatening me. I have reached out to many places for advice and have been told to keep communication open and that I am within my rights to stop contact. We are going round and round with texting etc and I’ve suggested mediation which he has refused. I no longer want to be contactable but I don’t want to do the wrong thing. There is so much more to this too, my daughter is autistic which he doesn’t believe. She has just had enough and I don’t blame her but he is going on like I’m stopping contact which I have never wanted to do but he is emotionally wearing her down and its not right. Help!? 

    #54357 Report

    Hi Asp

    I’m Michelle one of the Moderators here.  It sounds as though you’ve had some practical support and guidance with this issue.  I’m wondering whether you’ve had time to take care of yourself emotionally with what you and your child are experiencing.

    If you need a listening ear, Family Lives offer emotional support to parents which can help when things feel difficult. There’s also a service who offer support for parents whose children have special needs. Here are those contact details below:

    Family Lives provide general support to families on issues around parenting, emotional support and just generally coping as a parent  0808 800 2222

    Contact – this is for families who have children with special needs.  0808 808 3555

    I hope that might help a bit

    Warm regards



Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register