How do I leave?

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum How do I leave?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #27515 Report



    How do I go about physically separating?  I don’t know where to start. No mortgage (we rent), no shared bank accounts. My mother lives back at home (200 miles away) and is offering to house us temporarily until we can get a council house.

    How do I move us and our belongings? Do I apply for UC once I’m at my mother’s or once I have secured a council house? Do council house rates include all bills or just rent? Am I being ignorant in thinking this will work out this simply or am I missing something? And as for universal credit, at what age does your youngest have to be before they expect you to look for work? I also have a DRO (debt relief order) will this affect my UC claim or housing claim?

    Sorry for all of the questions.

    Thank you

    #27531 Report

    Hi Mummaof2,

    Thank you for posting on the forum. There is often a lot to think about at the point of physically separating and i’m sure other parents on this forum will be happy to share their experiences and offer support.

    You can also contact Gingerbread helpline on 0808 802 0925 to speak to one of our advisers about universal credit. You may also want to speak to an adviser at Shelter, who are housing specialists on 0808 800 4444

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register