Housing benefit

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Housing benefit

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #44184 Report



    I have just split with my partner and we are in the middle of selling our family home and was buying a bigger house but we have pulled out of this due to our situation. I am 34,  I have a 20 month old and I’m currently 5 months pregnant. My dad is going to rent my grandmas house to me as she has just gone into a home and my partner will move in with his mum and dad but how do I find out how much help I can get with housing?? Do I just move in and then apply for housing benefit and hope it will cover my rent?? I’ve just applied for universal credit as I read this is the first thing to do.
    Please help, I have tried calling Citizens advice and she didn’t make any sense. Never been through anything like this and neither have any of my friends. There must be a guide somewhere on roughly what help I can get for 2 bed semi. Thank you

    #44188 Report

    Gingerbread Alex


    The benefits that you may be entitled to will depend on your circumstances. I would suggest that you call our Single Parent Helpline on 0808 802 0925 to speak to an adviser about your situation. The helpline does get very busy so you may need to wait to get through. Calls are free from landlines and mobiles. The Helpline is open Monday 10-6, Tuesday 10-4, Wednesday 10-1 and 5-7, Thursday and Friday 10-4.

    I hope that helps,



Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register