Holidaying abroad advice needed.

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Holidaying abroad advice needed.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #57989 Report


    Hello all,

    Firstly I’m sorry if this has already been discussed on another thread. My attempts at searching weren’t successful.


    I need advice on what I need to prepare when taking my son abroad, besides the obvious passport, insurance, boarding passes etc. Because my son has his father’s surname and dad is on the birth certificate, I’ve heard that I will need a letter of consent from dad to present to boarder control. Does this hold any truth? I’ve booked a short stay in Malta for next year for us and it took me 3 years and the help of a mediator to get my boy’s dad to agree to a passport that I kept my word on doing all the work on the application and paying for it. So I’m worried if I need to ask him to actually lift a finger. Even though I’ve also said and will keep my word that dad can borrow the passport if he wants to take our son on holiday.

    I just need to know for certain if there is anything additional I need to put on my to do list and if there is any truth to the letter of consent being needed. If it is required, does anyone know if I can write it up and just have dad sign it? But then also, what information needs to be on the letter of consent.


    Thanks in advance for any help.

    #57998 Report

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register