Hi, new here and in process of splitting up…

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Hi, new here and in process of splitting up…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #39578 Report


    Hi all,

    I’m mum to a boy who will be 3 in a matter of days, and his father and I have decided to separate. We currently live together, amicably enough (in his house). I will be moving out as soon as I can, but I’m very worried about how I’ll manage financially… I work full time, on £18500 a year, and not sure how I’ll pay rent and nursery fees… my son goes to nursery full time currently as we have no family nearby to help. I’ve done an online benefit calculator, and it says I’ll get a grand a month, which obviously can’t be true lol… any ideas what a working single parent can claim? It’s my biggest concern.

    #39595 Report




    very sorry for your story. Universal credit pay up to 85% of childcare fees. Also help for rent and things. I would apply now as there is normally a 6 week wait xx good luck.

    #39599 Report


    just apply for uc now, advantage now its all online including appointments, they set it up for you and call you on a day.

    you’d need to apply and upload all relevant documents, depending what are applying for.

    don’t  know much about housing, but do u have to move out ? do u pay bills together, are you on the tenancy agreement ?

    will he be able to help finding new place ?

    #39600 Report


    if u find new place ud have to possibly apply with new address and await their decision. sadly none of the services like this work in advance.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register